Bernard and Joan Marshall Distinguished Investigator Lecture
Professor Joseph Wu, 2019 Distinguished Lecturer
This invited lecture is given at each Autumn Meeting, supported by an endowment to the BSCR from the late Bernard and Joan Marshall and with an honorarium of £3000.
The lecturer is chosen by the BSCR Committee, taking into consideration the recommendations of the Autumn Meeting organisers.
The 2019 Distinguished Investigator Lecture will be given by Professor Joseph Wu at the Autumn Meeting taking place at Cambridge University (9-10th Sept) on cardiac repair and regeneration.
Previous Bernard and Joan Marshall Distinguished Lecturers
- 2018 Hanjoong Jo (Emory University, Atlanta) at the 2018 Autumn Meeting in Sheffield.
- 2017 Rong Tian (University of Washington) at the 2017 Autumn Meeting in Oxford.
- 2016 Domenico Accili (Columbia University Medical Centre, New York) at the 2016 Autumn Meeting in Leeds.
- 2015 Hal Dietz (Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore) at the 2015 Autumn Meeting in Glasgow.
- 2014 Mark Sussman (San Diego, USA) at the 2014 Autumn Meeting in Reading.
- 2013 Derek Yellon (University College London) at the 2013 Autumn Meeting in London.
- 2012 Johann Bauersachs (Hannover, Germany) at the 2012 Autumn Meeting in Belfast.
- 2011 Salvador Moncada (Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, London) at the 2011 Autumn Meeting in London.
- 2010 Dan Roden (Vanderbilt, USA) at the 2010 Autumn Meeting in London.